Kansas Energy Conference
Kansas Governor's Energy Conference
Hilton Garden Inn, Manhattan, Kans.
October 11 & 12, 2018
Thursday, October 11
8 – 8:30 AM Registration & Exhibits Open
8:30 – 8:45 AM Welcome Remarks
8:45 - 9:45 AM General Session – New Energy Outlook
Michael Steele, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
9:45 - 10:30 AM Break
10:30 AM - Noon Breakout Sessions
- Wind Generation
- Brandon Sack, Westar: Renewables Direct featuring various renewable offerings for consumers.
- Community Initiatives
- Ray Slattery, City of Dodge City: Wastewater to Renewable Natural Gas – The Warrior Project.
- Barack Matite, City of Eudora: Community Energy Efficiency Projects.
- Virginia Barnes, Bluecross Blueshield: How Pathways communities are creating new partnerships with local restaurant and grocery stores that help improve energy efficiency for the store and improve the environment of the store to encourage healthier lifestyles.
12:00 - 1:30 PM Lunch
1:30 - 3:00 PM Breakout Sessions
- Corey Linville, Sunflower Electric: The Johnson Corner Solar Project, a 20MW photovoltaic facility.
- Andrew Clark, Cloud County Community College: Solar 101, Meeting the demands for the Solar Industry in Kansas.
- Bob Daniels, Sunflower Shrimp: The role renewable energy will play in the future growth of indoor shrimp production in Kansas.
- Transportation Innovation
- Mark Cosby, Evergy: A high-level review of electric vehicles and discussion of charging requirements and Kansas public charging station initiatives.
- Kathleen Waters, Kansas Department of Health & Environment: VW Environmental Mitigation Trust – Kansas Plans.
3:00 - 3:45 PM Break
3:45 - 4:45 PM General Session – Private Sector Perspective
4:45 - 6 PM Reception
Friday, October 12
9:00 - 10:30 AM Breakout Sessions
- Jeff Scharping, ICM: A historical review of the drastic growth of corn ethanol in Kansas, and current uses throughout our region and county.
- Jason Friedberg, ELEMENT, LLC: An overview of the bio-refinery being constructed in Colwich, Kansas.
- Phil Near, JumpStart Fuel
- Energy Storage
- Christopher Winland, ITC
- Yasser Bahbaz, Southwest Power Pool: Integrating Energy Storage Resources in the SPP Market in compliance with FERC’s Order 841 and beyond.
- Matt Stedl, Tradewind Energy: Utility-Scale Energy Storage - Applications, Values and Policy.
- Megan Parsons, Burns & McDonnell: Grid-Scale Energy Storage – Market Applications and Economics
10:30 - 10:45 AM Break
10:45 -11:45 AM General Session - The Winds of Change are coming! How Renewable Power and Efficiency will create a new paradigm for energy use.
Tim Unruh, Executive Director – National Association of Energy Service Companies (NAESCO)
Sponsorship & Exhibit Options
Available beginning May 25
Platinum $5,000 – Includes 8’ x 10’ exhibit space and table with the option of 16’ x 10’ space, four conference registrations, company logo and full-page ad in on-site conference program guide, live link to your home page from kansascommerce.gov/energyconference, conference attendee list, logo inclusion on conference signage as Reception sponsor and conference sponsor, company name included in Media Release, 30 second video spot during Thursday luncheon.
Gold $2,500 - Includes 8’ x 10’ exhibit space and table, three conference registrations, company logo and half-page ad in on-site conference program guide, live link to your home page from kansascommerce.gov/energyconference, conference attendee list, logo inclusion on conference signage as Luncheon sponsor and conference sponsor, company name included in Media Release.
Silver $1,000 - Includes 8’ x 10’ exhibit space and table, two conference registrations, company logo and quarter-page ad in on-site conference program guide, live link to your home page from kansascommerce.gov/energyconference, conference attendee list, logo inclusion on conference signage as Break sponsor and conference sponsor, company name included in Media Release.
Exhibitor $500 – Includes 8’ x 10’ exhibit space and table, one conference registrations, company name in on-site conference program guide, company name on kansascommerce.gov/energyconference.
Registration opens August 8 and includes all Thursday and Friday sessions and meals.
The Early-bird rate is $100 until September 19 and registration increases to $125 beginning September 20.
The student rate is $60.
A block of rooms has been reserved at The Manhattan Hilton Garden Inn at a rate of $112. Dial (785) 532-9116 and ask for the Kansas Energy Conference rate.