Jan. 30 is the final day to submit nominations to the Kansas Department of Commerce for the 2015 Governor’s Exporter of the Year Award. The award is presented to a single Kansas business each year for excellence in international trade and marketing. The winner of the 27th annual installment of the award will be announced in June of 2015 during Business Appreciation Month.
Nominated companies will be evaluated on the totality of their international efforts. Qualifications include:
• Number and/or percentage increase in jobs due to international activities.
• Innovations in global marketing.
• Number of countries exported to.
• Effective use of international distributors.
• Long-range international strategies and prospects for future growth.
• Commitment to the state and local community.
• Foreign language promotional materials and general promotional activities.
• Trade shows and/or international expositions.
Businesses can nominate themselves or be nominated by any other organization or individual. Visit KansasCommerce.com/Exporter to learn more about the Governor’s Exporter of the Year Award and to download nomination forms. The nomination deadline is Friday, Jan. 30, 2015.
Nominations can be emailed to April Chiang at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed or faxed to:
Kansas International Trade Coordinating Council
c/o Kansas Department of Commerce, April Chiang
1000 S.W. Jackson St., Suite 100
Topeka, KS 66612-1354
Fax: (785) 296-3490