Jan. 26 is the final day to submit nominations to the Kansas Department of Commerce for the 2018 Governor’s Exporter of the Year Award. The award is presented to a single Kansas business each year for excellence in international trade and marketing. The winner of the 30th annual installment of the award will be announced during a special ceremony on June 5, 2018.
Nominated companies will be evaluated on the totality of their international efforts. Qualifications include:
- Number and/or percentage increase in jobs due to international activities.
- Innovations in global marketing.
- Number of countries exported to.
- Effective use of international distributors.
- Long-range international strategies and prospects for future growth.
- Commitment to the state and local community.
- Foreign language promotional materials and general promotional activities.
- Trade shows and/or international expositions.
The Governor’s Exporter of the Year receives:
- An invitation to attend the Team Kansas awards banquet on June 5, 2018, where top businesses from across the state are recognized
- A site visit from the Governor to honor the company's management team and employees
- Statewide recognition of your business excellence
- Use of the award to market your products
- Membership in the Kansas International Trade Coordinating Council (KITCC)
- Increased networking opportunities
Businesses can nominate themselves or be nominated by any other organization or individual. Visit KansasCommerce.gov/Exporter to learn more about the Governor’s Exporter of the Year Award and to download nomination forms. The nomination deadline is 5:00 p.m. on January 26, 2018.
Nominations can be emailed to April Chiang at email@example.com or mailed or faxed to:
Kansas International Trade Coordinating Council
c/o Kansas Department of Commerce, April Chiang
1000 S.W. Jackson St., Suite 100
Topeka, KS 66612-1354
Fax: (785) 296-3490