1000 S.W. Jackson St.
Phone: (785) 296-7435
Fax: (785) 368-7108
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit helps people move from welfare to work and gain on-the-job experience by encouraging private employers to hire within one of several targeted groups of job candidates who traditionally face significant barriers to employment, reducing employer’s federal income tax liability by as much as $2,400 per qualified new worker in the first year of employment. The targeted candidates are:
The disabled unemployed veteran target group can save employers up to $9,600 in the first year of employment.
- cash assistance recipients
- veterans receiving food stamps
- disabled veteran
- unemployed veteran
- disabled unemployed veteran
- 18-to-39-year-old recipients receiving food stamps
- 18-to-39-year-old residents living in a rural renewal county
- vocational rehabilitation referrals
- SSI recipients
- Ticket-to-Work holders
Electronic submittal of forms: